View Single Post

Old 10-15-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimchristie View Post
We all hate having to stay home and be so extra careful. We were used to traveling during the summer to get away from the heat and miss it.
However, I follow the number of new cases in the Villages every day. Up until recently, new cases were very few a day. After full opening, including the square at a controlled amount, cases have climbed steadily. Used to be less than 5 a day. Today was 14 new cases and I expect that will start rising exponentially if something isn't done. I don't have a clue about whether someone is destroying tickets but I also saw pictures of people in the squares, none wearing masks. This will, if not already, become a hot spot for spreading the virus. Even if I stay home, wear a mask and do my best to avoid getting the virus, this will increase the chance of getting it when I have to get groceries, other necessities like going to the doctor, dentist or whatever. Just saying if someone doesn't want to go to the squares, don't go is not a smart answer. It will increase the chance of getting it for everyone. Our chances of death are much higher than most and, even if surviving it, long term kidney and lung problems may result in an earlier death. New cases per day are climbing and more group gatherings are going to add to that fact.