View Single Post

Old 10-15-2020, 10:05 AM
Default Why all the rancor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
You are sooooo correct. There is a subset of people who think they can control other people's lives. These are the people who drive alone in their cars or golf carts with a mask on. When challenged (on line) they have a million excuses--"I forgot to take it off, I was going to the store and didn't want to fiddle with it in the parking lot, etc." They will claim they are wearing it to protect ME. Sorry, but if you are driving in your car, you don't need to protect ME. In reality, these people think they are protecting themselves, they saw something on TV or on Mrs. Google and now feel they are self proclaimed experts who intend to cram their opinion down everyone else's throat. They are suffering from delusional paranoia with excessive rationalization but claim they are not afraid. The reality is the opposite. This is similar to the
person who posted a few years ago that they always take the left lane on 466 in a 45 zone at 30 mph. because THEY feel that is fast enough, and want to cram their opinion down my throat. They don't care that traffic experts and elected officials have studied the road and set the speed limit, any more than they care that not a single expert has suggested wearing a mask alone in a car. They have their irrational opinion and will stick with it no matter what facts or medical information is thrown their way.
All that is fine, they have the right to drive with a mask on, just as I have the right to ridicule them. But when they decide to open their yaps, that's where I draw the line. There was a guy last week, sitting in his cart at the mailboxes with a mask on. There were 3 or 4 other people there, well distanced, but this clown decides to start yelling at a woman for not wearing a mask. I couldn't resist, so I went and hovered over him and stated "I'm not wearing a mask either, care to start yelling at me, because you will not like the response". He left. Another TOTV post stated that if anyone comes within 20 feet he holds up his hand and yells "stop!". Like his hand means anything to anyone.
If this wasn't a serious worldwide pandemic, all this behavior would be even more laughable, but unfortunately for the victims, not so funny.
Why can't you all just live and let live? Isn't there enough anger, vitriol, and sniping going on in this country without neighbors ridiculing each other for wearing or not wearing masks? If people feel safer wearing a mask to the mailbox, where they may be shoulder to shoulder with others not wearing masks, why do you care? They're cautious and being smart. Maybe they have a health issue that you aren't aware of. Who are you to ridicule them? If you don't want to wear a mask and social distance, then don't. Just stay away from others who are trying to be cautious.