View Single Post

Old 10-15-2020, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

It is so hard to change a habit that you have had for a lifetime. Guns in N.J. were and are a no-no. I believe the idea that anyone in Florida could be strapped put the thought of a person cruising through your house, garage, or car on hold. I was shamed into leaving the car unlocked for a full night and only made it until about 1 AM. I got up and locked it.

It's a habit that I really don't want to change. As the years pass by I would think security would be more and more important as defending yourself without a weapon is getting harder and harder. Putting any additional challenge in our paths such as not locking up is NOTHING but nonsensical to me. It does not compute.

At one point when I was in N.J. and flipping house as a side hustle, I think I have seen it all. We had a house stripped of all the copper plumbing, another one where they broke in and took the Appliances and the Manuals. During that particular extravaganza, the people who broke in took the life of two beautiful guard dogs. They have companies that rent the Dogs to you. The straw that broke my back was when the actually took the front door from a house that was just inspected and deemed complete the day before. I guess they never saw a house with two sidelights.

Lockup so I don't worry about you!

We have reasons for locking up. It's been our practice and a survival skill.