View Single Post

Old 10-16-2020, 07:29 AM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Rosenfeld View Post
A gentleman from Massey just left after inspecting my home for termite activities. Like the annual inspections for the last 7 years, there was none. He informed me that I am no longer covered by Massey for termite damage. He told me that I can again be covered if I have them perform a new termite prevention treatment on the property. The cost is approximately $800 (based on the size of the home) and would be good for 10 years. There is also an annual inspection fee of $229 (was $207 annually for the past 7 years).

The home is Stucco and was built in 2013. The home is primarily steel and concrete, although there is obviously some wood used in the construction. At the time of construction, Massey performed certain termite prevention procedures on both the inside and outside of the home. The liquid spray on the inside of the home and the injected solution around the slab perimeter breaks down over about 7 years.

Has anyone had any experience with this issue or had the retreatment done? Since I have never had any termite issues or known anyone in the neighborhood with termite issues, I am reluctant to put out $800 for the retreatment.

Any comments or suggestions?
We have lived here 14 years. Massey did the original termite treatment and has not said it needs to be redone. We did get the dry termite treatment by them a few years ago. But the fees you are being quoted seem outrageous compared to what we pay. We have a poured concrete house. I would call another termite inspector and see if you have termites now.