Thread: 2nd Wave??
View Single Post

Old 10-16-2020, 07:36 AM

New COVID testing is "self-testing". A friend experienced mild symptoms (body aches and unusual tiredness) this week, reserved an appt at CVS on 466 for testing, after signing up online. The person spoke to a nurse (?) thru the drive up window, answered a few pertinent questions and was given a brown paper bag thru the moveable bin. Inside the bag were 2 plastic zip lock bags. One contained the dreaded nose swab and a capped test tube. The other bag contained a wet sani wipe. The nurse explained to my friend how to swab her nose, press the swab toward the ear on both sides, break off the swab and place it in the bit of liquid inside the test tube and seal it in. Using the sani wipe, my friend then wiped the baggie containing the test tube, rolled up the bag (also containing her name, DOB, address and contact phone number) and placed it in the bin. The nurse explained that she would receive her results in 2 to 5 days by email. Easy peasy, and no hurtful swabbing up to the brain. Hope my friend is negative...she had mild symptoms, but did the right thing! She says she is self-isolating until the results are in. She is healthy, not overweight, and with no underlying conditions.