View Single Post

Old 10-16-2020, 11:00 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesGP View Post
I, too, experienced the same as what OP stated, when I purchased my pre-owned home almost 2yrs ago. And, thanks to Toymeister(and some Google research), I also purchased a bottle of Taurus SC on Amazon. I was in the process of treating(digging), when I tore my rotator. I then opted to wait for rainy season to end, so I'm about to complete this now.
Toymeister, you said you're doing this quarterly? Are you actually trenching around your home(like recommended) every time? TIA.
I just use a soil auger for my cordless drill and drill some holes close to each other. I think they are 37.00 on Amazon. Ant treatment quarterly is on the surface.

On another home which I resold the buyer had the inspection done. I had been doing treatments as I described. I learned two things, having a regime of professional treatments were not required by any organization (lender) and the buyers had no problem paying for the inspection.

All told in four years I saved over 1,250 in warranty transfer and annual inspections. Self insuring relatively low risk items (the chance of termite infestation) is my song.