View Single Post

Old 10-16-2020, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Doc, I have almost deified M.D.s all of my life. It is comforting to see that even people I extoll are sometimes impatient and human. I don't know who you yelled at in this instance, because I didn't dutifully read back all of the posts to see who is mad at who, but I sure as hell don't want you ever to think I am pathetic.

People who are raised a certain way think all people who are outspoken are pathetic. I have learned so many things about human behavior and how geographic group behaviors differ from each other since moving here.

I can't remember a time in my life when I have been so frustrated at finding valid health information, and yet I know this world is still in the "gathering facts" part of the scientific method.

I think the world is learning a lot of important things from this highly unusual forced pause in our activities. I hope the parents know their little ones better after this is all over. I wonder if we are learning more about ourselves as well.

I know this; It is another beautiful day in The Villages.
GG, you are far from pathetic. I highly doubt you have been sucking up passes to the squares and destroying them in an attempt to control other people's lives---they are the pathetic ones. I also doubt you intentionally drive 30 mph. in the left lane to impose a speed restriction on others that the law does not recognize.
As far as the mailboxes go, the idiot in the cart was yelling at a woman, I simply went over and in a calm voice invited him to start yelling at me, albeit with a mildly threatening body posture. He got the message and the woman was quite relieved.
Stay well