View Single Post

Old 10-16-2020, 04:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstevenson1470 View Post
We are new to TV. We thought we would be able to get to Lowes on the golf cart from The Villages but I don't see a way on the map. Is there a way to get in that doesn't show up on a map with a golf cart?
Thanks!
Linda
Most normal non-villages-specific maps won't show you golf cart directions to anywhere, because golf carts aren't allowed on the major roads and the golf cart paths and tunnels are not considered public property.

You can get directions by golf cart with the Villages GPS (it's an app, it's $6 download with free updates from Google Play Store or the Apple Store).

ACCORDING TO the Villages GPS, there is a way to get there but I don't know if this is a blocked-off road or if it's including bridges that don't connect yet, or tunnels that haven't been dug yet.

Basically what you'd need to do, is head down Buena Vista Blvd from Odell Circle/Bailey Trail toward 466A. At St. Charles Place, you'll follow the path clockwise around the circle. You'll go under Buena Vista and continue southward and around to the east, parallel to 466A til you get to the golf cart tunnel. You go through that, then turn back to the west on that side of 466A, then take a left onto a golf cart path that runs parallel (again) to South Buena Vista Blvd for a couple of blocks. There's another golf cart tunnel at Pinellas Place, you'll go over there...follow Pinellas Place all the way around, then go under ANOTHER tunnel that takes you under 466A, and follow THAT path til you see the parking lot entrance for Lowe's around near the back side of the building.

In short - once you get to St. Charles and Buena Vista, you'll be making a HUGE circle, clockwise, passing 466A, then coming along from the other side of 466A, til you can cross it again, then finishing the circle at Lowe's.

Would definitely be a lot easier and quicker to drive it unless you already live near Pinellas Place.

All of the above I found on the Villages GPS, so I don't know if all those golf cart tunnels are tunnels or bridges or if you can actually cross the streets with a golf cart at those points. But those would be the general directions, regardless.

And yes the OTHER Lowes is definitely golf cart accessible, but that's way up on 441/27 across the street from the Villages Regional Hospital.