View Single Post

Old 10-16-2020, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Actually make sure you bring your GATE PASS. You need it to go thru the Paradise gate each way.
On the Hottest Day in The History Of The Villages, I got all the way to the gate, and guess what? No Gate Pass. I went home and when I got there like an Oven Stuffer Roaster from Frank Purdue my belly button popped and I stayed home until the next day and hid a Gate Pass Key Thing on my cart so well sometimes I forget where it is. There was way to much traffic to try the trip twice in one day because at that time we had a life and it would have thrown off the Second Pool visit and my Polopony was waiting for us at the Polo Field and then the third Pool visit with a nice meal afterward would have all been Cattywhompus. Also, the traffic from the Towering Apartment Buildings from Lowes all the way back to Spanish Springs made the traffic unbearable. There were about 20 extra carts on the roads. Don't know how we survived it.

Excuse my longer than usual post but we just got some great news from our old home that a dear friend got out of the hospital a few hours ago and I'm beside myself with happiness and being grateful. Seriously, it's a good day. Still a lot on our plate but a day at a time we shall survive.