Thread: Scam
View Single Post

Old 10-16-2020, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj1210 View Post
Admin, today I received a text for an item I was selling asking for me to remove the item and they would send me a certified bank check after I gave them my information. Of course I knew this was not real but wanted to bring attention to it. The phone number they texted me from was 773-741-1933.
That’s the exact # I received a text from. I played along a little until I was positive it was a scam. My item was substantial, I was somewhat prepared for the scam. He insisted to send me a bank draft for the full price, for which he did. Prior to my receiving his “bank draft”, he notified me that his secretary had mistakenly included the shipping cost. Once I received the check, I was told to deposit it in my account, then send a check to him for the overage. What a deal...he buys my item sight unseen, pays full price, plus shipping cost. What could possibly go wrong?
They wanted my account information that would be stamped on the check and/or get my account information on the check for the overage.
The two weeks later, I received a text message with exactly the same verbiage, from a different #.
DON’T GET SUCKED IN!!
I hope many read this and become suspicious immediately.
PS. The other phone #’s are:
773-644-5103
607-930-4556

Last edited by foxmeadow; 10-16-2020 at 06:38 PM.