View Single Post

Old 10-17-2020, 10:23 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
The new season is airing weekly on Netflix. Pastoral and gentle, as usual, with kind contestants and a new host this year.

Do you follow the series, try any of the recipes at home, dream of graceful white tents on green lawns?

I need to watch this. I keep forgetting about it.

I know 4 millennials who watch it. They speak of it as if it is a form of therapy.

All of them have been working from home for months. Between that and each day’s fresh hell of news, they are all watching “The Great British Bake-Off” when they need to tune out and tune in.

And they bake — and sometimes text us pictures of beautiful loaves of bread, etc. I bet their homes smell wonderful.

We sent a Kitchenaid stand mixer as a gift to one couple. (We had already given one as a gift to the other couple.) They all have been baking and baking some more.

We have not actually seen them in months. They have always been health and fitness-conscious adults. But now I am wondering if they might be slowly turning into butterballs.

Will I be blamed for giving the gift of Kitchenaid? — and dough hooks, included — uh, oh.

Boomer, Guilty or Not Guilty?