Thread: Motorhomes
View Single Post

Old 10-18-2020, 09:03 AM

I'm not sure what most of these posts are based on, I do suspect not experience. I have had 45' diesel pusher motorhomes for over 30 years, the last 20 years have been Prevost. I average between 12 and 15,000 miles per year.
First, diesel is plentiful, no need for additives, if additives were needed trucking companies would be using them. In fact most engines discourage any additives.
Second, there are discount programs for diesel fuel. I routinely pay 35 to 1.30 less than street price for diesel, just like trucking companies.
Third. I have never had an issue getting into a campground. There are some state parks that are limited, but they are also limited in services, most have no electric, water or dump hookups on the sites, this causes me not to stay there anyway.
In alot of cases you are way ahead with a 20 year old Prevost than a new non Prevost. The pricing will also be less.
In February there is a Prevost Stuff show about 3 to 4 hours south of here, it is a good show ot go to to see what is available and learn.
What ever you do be sure to get it inspected by a qualified inspector as part of the purchase, it may save you a bunch of money.
Let me know if you would like any additional info. I will help you if I can.
Have a great day.