Thread: 2nd Wave??
View Single Post

Old 10-18-2020, 06:30 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I respectfully disagree with you. Wearing masks (even home made) from the very beginning (January) would have starved the virus of hosts. That's all we had to do.......comply with mask wearing and social distancing.

The virus would not have had a chance against us humans. We would have won. Only problem is there would have had to be a high percentage of compliance to prevent the virus from latching on to new hosts. Americans are spoiled and do not want their civil rights taken from them. Hence, we are in a mess now combating an invisible enemy and we do NOT have a handle on it.

The only way out of this mess is a viable safe and effective vaccine and for enough of us Americans to accept inoculation. The vaccine will allow us to reach herd immunity, safely.

There is so much evidence that has been reported that masks do work to mitigate the virus and slow the spread. I will never understand why there are those who deny the science.
I do not disagree that masks help and I do wear one myself in appropriate settings. What I disagree with is the idea that if we had done it from the beginning we would now be back to normal. The countries that locked down and slowed the spread are still seeing a resurgence.