View Single Post

Old 10-19-2020, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

One of the reasons I personally don't like to work with MLS realtors is obvious in many posts on this thread. They will say almost anything. They pressure you. They are too often like "Charlie Hustle". I think there are a lot of MLS realtors or retired realtors posting on this thread. I have never heard or read any reliable post that any agent for The Villages ever tried to "push" new homes.

I loved the fact tha when we came here to look there was NO pressure in any way from the sales agents from The Villages. I later learned they didn't need to pressure. People were standing in line to buy houses from them.

We have had built 11 new homes in our lifetime. The first one was when we were 22 years old. We had saved the 20% down payment for four years at the age of 22. We had built a home that cost around 14K. I am not a realtor. Neither is anyone in my family. The last realtor we used was John Boehner's wife in Ohio. Debbie is a professional and was a neighbor and friend. The first thing she said was repaint everything neutral. Tear out those bushes in the front. Get new lawn furniture or new cushions. Get rid of all the extra furniture in the corners of every room. In a down real estate time ten years ago we had a bidding war. (Three bids) The girl knows her business. She is very unlike most realtors I have known. I HATE to be sold anything. I HATE it. But that's me.

I think there are good selling agents and bad ones. If you price the home right here and not try to make a killing, just a tidy increase, and if it is clean and not smelly and not junky...It will sell right away for far more than you paid for it, with or without an agent or a realtor.

That is my opinion.