View Single Post

Old 10-20-2020, 08:18 AM

If you have to reboot the satellite receiver box periodically, then you should buy a timer, and plug the satellite receiver into the timer. Program the timer to power cycle the satellite receiver box for a minute at 3 AM once a week or some other interval. Then you no longer have to manually reboot the satellite receiver box.

I have a power switch box that monitors my internet connection. When the cable Internet connection is down, the power switching box automatically power cycled the cable Internet modem box. I’ve looked at the switch log file, and usually about 2 to 3 times a month, the cable Internet modem box gets power cycled. Usually, the cable Internet modem box is power cycled over night while I’m sleeping or away from the house. Once and awhile the power cycling occurs while I’m actively using the Internet. I tried using a timer on the cable Internet modem box to proactively power cycle the cable Internet, but that didn’t solve the problems. You have to reboot the cable Internet modem after the outage occurs. The Internet sensing power switch costs about $100 and eliminates the hassles of having to manually power cycle my cable Internet modem. I bought that Internet power sensing switch in preparation for being a snowbird, so that I wouldn’t have to have an in-law have to drive to my house, just to power cycle the cable Internet modem box. The Internet power sensing switches are sold at the on-line 5G Store. That Internet sensing power switch eliminates another hassle in your life, and improves the quality of life.

I also use motion sensing light switches in my bathrooms and timers on the bathroom fans to eliminate those hassles too.