Thread: 2nd Wave??
View Single Post

Old 10-20-2020, 04:37 PM
Default Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
"Have you ever noticed" how many times a person that demands others wear a mask use the phrase "no caring for others?" It seems that those folks are thinking of themselves also, or they wouldn't care if someone else is careless with their own safety. See, it works both ways. Personally, I wear a mask when I think it is prudent. Actually, I am wearing a mask less than at the beginning of this thing. The more I learn about the illness, the less I worry. And yes, I have lost two members of my family "supposedly" to COVID. I do not care if you wear a mask or not. If you wish to wear a mask, then by all means wear your mask. I haven't worn long pants in years. See, I live dangerously. But, I don't demand others to dress like me. I will say this again and probably repeat it frequently, if you feel threatened and you can avoid the supposed danger, it is on you to stay safe. It is not anyone else's duty to protect you from exposing yourself to danger. Only you. I have been in stores that require you to wear a mask. I have seen folks comply by wearing the mask under their chins. If the Gov mandated masks, that is exactly what would happen. And if anyone was charged, it would be thrown out of court because the gov did not supply everyone with gov approved masks.
You will not demand folks to wear a mask. All you can do is keep the public informed and let them make the decision to wear or not wear. Like I have said before, I wear my mask when I feel it to be necessary. I do not care if anyone else wears a mask or not. You can howl at the moon for all the good it will do. You will have some that will not wear a mask even if they could see the virus in the air. I am prepared for contingencies. I have paper masks, cloth masks, Lead filtering masks and even a military gas mask. I have a box of disposable gloves, a pack of work gloves, welding gloves. I have safety glasses, goggles, a face shield and a welding hood. I am prepared, but I will not run amok screaming that the "sky is falling."
I didn't count the "I's" but there were tons of them...