Thread: Elderly Abuse
View Single Post

Old 10-21-2020, 05:20 AM
Default Medical Care for Older Folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by neikenberry View Post
Having been in the medical field as a career, and believing in preventative medicine, I have always obtained good, and regular, health care for me and my family. I did notice when we came to TV seven years ago and found a new physician, that the attitude towards my health care shifted a bit. We have a very good physician who is smart, caring, and is on top of issues right away. She works to see we are healthy as possible, and have a good quality of life for our remaining years. Curing a situation becomes a little less important and maintaining an active, comfortable lifestyle is more of the goal. That's not to say we don't tackle issues, but the emphasis isn't on curing the problem, or making big life changes, or tackling big medical procedures, unless it's what I wish to do. I've come to appreciate that style of healthcare.
This is what we have experienced. Some of the tests & exams that were routine when we were a little younger, are not encouraged because of our age. My feeling is that it is more of an insurance issue. We like our Dr & help we get at The Villages Healthcare.