View Single Post

Old 10-21-2020, 11:38 AM

Things are different in time of covid as you may not be allowed to visit facilities. My first step with Dad, who is quite content at Buffalo Crossings was to look online. I then visited every ALF facility in The Villages. The agreement was if he was going to stay here then it would be where he could still have his golf cart. My son and daughter in law visited ones in the NYC area ( where we live) and I was the ones they thought best. I took Dad to see my top 3 and let him make choice. After first visit I learned to shade the price (quite common I have been told).

Due to current circumstances things are different. My understanding is no/restricted visits. Dad's facility opened for visits (by appt only) on 9/28 I made arrangements to fly down on 10/5 and appts for 10/6 and 10/7. A resident (first time positive in a resident) tested positive all visits halted. All staff are tested every 2 weeks. I ended up knocking on dad's window and waving.

You won't get to see how things are normally because these are not normal times. Dad's place was always lively with plenty of activity which for the most part has stopped. After this round of resident testing with 1 additional positive resident. They are again allowed to socialize outside with social distancing. It is probably easier as a couple as they would be allowed to dine together, etc.

Good luck.