Thread: 2nd Wave??
View Single Post

Old 10-22-2020, 10:31 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I keep thinking about that long ago ad for the movie JAWS — “Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.”

That’s how this mess makes me feel. We have been careful from the beginning, worn masks, washed our hands, have socialized with a few others we know are careful also, but done so outside.

I admit though that a few weeks ago, we were loosening up a little. Still being careful, following guidelines, but went inside a restaurant for the first time. Nice place. They had plexiglass between booths and seated people carefully. I was sitting across from only Mr. Boomer, all servers were masked. We entered masked but, of course, removed them for dinner, and it all felt fine. Almost normal.

But now, Ohio cases are on the rise again. My doc’s office called and changed my visit to Zoom because they want to limit as much in person as possible. Cases are now invading the suburbs with increasing numbers — suburbs where there are no nursing homes to include in the count. People know people who have died or are never the same after supposed recovery.

Thanksgiving plans are changing. (Maybe I can find a Cornish hen somewhere.) People are saying to avoid this year’s big gatherings so we will be around for next year. We attended a wedding — on Zoom.

Covid is getting a grip on parts of our Ohio county where it had not been much of a problem before.

This virus is not giving up. A virus needs a host so why in the hell do we have so many among us who insist on rolling out the Welcome Wagon.

Last edited by Boomer; 10-22-2020 at 12:09 PM.