Thread: Masks
View Single Post

Old 10-26-2020, 11:56 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

This is the weirdest time I can remember in my personal memory of history — as a Boomer. I remember almost all of the last half of the last century and, of course, all of this century.

The refusal to do something as simple as putting on a mask, when in public, is trashing the economy. And, yet, the anti-maskers think they are patriotic.

Super-spreader events will not result in every following case being reported so people should not cling to irrational conclusions.

About that temperature-taking thing — sure, it helps, but a lot of it could be mostly theater because a significant percentage of those carrying the virus do not initially run a fever.

I find it mind-boggling that there are people who can cheer on those who constantly let them know that everyday Americans are disposable.

I do understand that the emotional part of the brain can be compromised with some people more than others. . .

(This observation of how our brains can work got me thinking about years ago when I thought I would find out if I could be hypnotized. I can’t.

I also am a tough, often an impossible sell, especially with those “financial guys” who think this ol’ girl does not have a clue.

And back in the old days of drive-in theaters and parking, I never, ever fell for those “You would if you loved me” lines.)

But that’s just how I am and I hope how I will always be.

Just put on the damned mask. Critical thinking concludes that doing so will help the economy.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 10-26-2020 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Spelling