Thread: Masks
View Single Post

Old 10-26-2020, 04:01 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
This is the weirdest time I can remember in my personal memory of history — as a Boomer. I remember almost all of the last half of the last century and, of course, all of this century.

The refusal to do something as simple as putting on a mask, when in public, is trashing the economy. And, yet, the anti-maskers think they are patriotic.

Super-spreader events will not result in every following case being reported so people should not cling to irrational conclusions.

About that temperature-taking thing — sure, it helps, but a lot of it could be mostly theater because a significant percentage of those carrying the virus do not initially run a fever.

I find it mind-boggling that there are people who can cheer on those who constantly let them know that everyday Americans are disposable.

I do understand that the emotional part of the brain can be compromised with some people more than others. . .

(This observation of how our brains can work got me thinking about years ago when I thought I would find out if I could be hypnotized. I can’t.

I also am a tough, often an impossible sell, especially with those “financial guys” who think this ol’ girl does not have a clue.

And back in the old days of drive-in theaters and parking, I never, ever fell for those “You would if you loved me” lines.)

But that’s just how I am and I hope how I will always be.

Just put on the damned mask. Critical thinking concludes that doing so will help the economy.

Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I agree with this post 99.9%. The only part I would edit would be to change the last line to: "Just put on the damned mask." WHEN APPROPRIATE

I think this implied by most people who post "wear a mask", but I've seen plenty of examples of people wearing a mask in absurd situations.

Oh my, my, I do declare, thank you for the agreement, golfing eagles.

But, I must issue a re-direct that should give me a 100% agreement from you — please revisit my 2nd paragraph where I wrote “in public.”

Of course, we could debate my wording, I suppose.(Sometimes my bad angel likes to join that “dance on the head of a pin.”)

You have said you see people wearing masks while driving alone. I do not see these people you speak of.

But I do know, second-hand personally, someone who caught the virus by riding in a car with her then asymptomatic friend. I am more careful. Mr. Boomer is my only ride.

When my doc’s office called me on the day of my appointment to see if I would be willing to Zoom because they are trying to cut back on in-person visits, I did so. (My northern city’s cases are on the rise.)

He is a highly respected, smart, kind man and when he tells me something, I listen. I really wanted to see him in his office, but I decided that if my ability to Zoom could help everybody, all around, I could do that. He and I did OK with that appointment, 2020-style.

I must admit that I was starting to get a little bit casual — not a lot — but somewhat. But then that call from my doc’s office got my attention — and, btw, in case you are wondering, I did not wear my mask for my Zoom appointment.

Zoom Zoom Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 10-26-2020 at 04:12 PM.