Thread: Masks
View Single Post

Old 10-28-2020, 12:19 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,787 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
Not appropriate is:
When driving alone in a car or cart
When cycling
When golfing
When playing pickle ball (although that sport may have some other issues)
When sitting alone in a chair in your driveway.

Now those times may seem absurd, but I have seen each and every one of those scenarios multiple times.
So what why should it bother you. I have seen the same so what!
So What ? That makes sense to me. I've seen plenty of "double take" scenes too, and tell myself the old "not my circus not my monkeys" and get past it. If people want to wear their masks in the bath tub, in the swimming pool (although that's kind of a health issue I'd think), on the golf course, and while walking their dogs ( I see that daily just sitting on the front stoop having my morning coffee), or riding their bikes. I see a person fairly regularly at the mail boxes, mask on AND a face shield (yes !) riding in golf cart. At the boxes, stops and puts on disposable gloves like restaurant workers use, gets mail, puts in cart, goes to waste container and disposes of the gloves, mask and shield still on, and drives on in golf cart like that. Very happy with my "not my circus, not my monkeys" philosophy because it FINALLY hit me, this person is evidently undergoing chemo or radiation treatments ! That's why it always pays (for your own peace of mind and calm) to "give the other person the benefit of a doubt". I see things that may seem strange to me, like a person walking past at 7 a.m., all alone, save for a dog, with a mask on. I take a sip of coffee and think that is good that the person is trying to feel secure, that's a good thing. Would I do that, well, honestly, no, but that does not mean it's not a good thing to walk alone with a mask if it helps someone feel good.