Thread: Help!!!
View Single Post

Old 01-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Sage

All my plants have returned from the dead in previous years. I planted the impatiens in June 06, and they still looked fabulous until the freeze last week.
I will cut back all the mush and I'll bet they will return. I will cut back the hibiscus at some point. I cleared off some of the mushy mess on the begonias and lo and behold, beautiful growth is underneath. I know we will get more cold so am not in a huge hurry to cut back just yet.
I have pulled out most of my Lantana and pitched it. It gets so huge and out of control IMHO.
As for the Robellinis, I intend to ignore the brown for now. When the fronds get dry and brown, I will remove them. I looked into the heart of mine and think they will live to see another day.
Citrus..I did the water spray thing but still have a lot of damage. It did not kill the trees...yet..
The Tai, Ginger and stromanthe all seem to come back.
I am not going to be a slave to covering plants. If they can't take the climate, maybe they should not be in my landscape. I have tried to plant the more delicate specimens in protected areas where the retained heat of the house can help keep them warm. I also sit right on the lake and that has to create some warmth.