View Single Post

Old 11-08-2020, 08:39 AM

Have you tried acupuncture to decrease and eliminate your pain? Acupuncture is much less invasive than surgery, and might eliminate the pain.

My brother in law is an Acupuncturist. I’ve had acupuncture treatment for many things. Back pain after shoveling snow, knee pain, elbow pain, and other things.

Probably the worst problem I had was a bone spur on my foot. The pain was very severe. I could barely walk 100 feet, before I would have to take a break. I was continuously on pain medication. I had two cortisone shots, which made the pain much worse.

The foot doctor then told me that the only option for me was foot surgery. I then tried getting acupuncture treatment for the bone spur. It took about 14 treatments to end the bone spur pain, because the cortisone made the problem worse. I should have had the acupuncture treatment before trying cortisone shots because then it would only take about 4 to 6 acupuncture treatments.

The acupuncture treatments cause the bone spur pain location to move at first. The bone spur location is normally constant and does not change locations. Then the acupuncture treatments broke apart the bone spur pain and made it go away. I had the bone spur pain for a few months before trying acupuncture treatment.

The acupuncture treatments took about a month, and eliminated the bone spur pain totally. That bone spur pain did not return. That was about 10 years ago.

Sometimes western medicine is best. Sometimes eastern medicine is best. Acupuncture uses needles, but it doesn’t feel like being stuck with a sewing needle or a shot needle. It feels like small temporary static electricity shocks when the needles are inserted.

If I got the foot surgery first, it might not have solved the pain problem, and then the acupuncture treatment probably would not work. It’s best to try the far less invasive acupuncture treatments first, before considering surgery.

Acupuncture treatment isn’t the best solution for every problem, but sometimes is the best solution for many situations. Acupuncture also works better it the acupuncture treatment starts closer to the point in time when the pain started. Otherwise, it takes more acupuncture treatment sessions.

The needles are sometimes put in the location of pain, sometimes put in the opposite reflected location on your body using the indirect method. There’s no downside to trying acupuncture, other than the time or expense. In my case, since my brother in law is an acupuncturist, my acupuncture treatments are free. But after successfully using acupuncture to solve pain problems, I would pay for the acupuncture treatments if I didn’t have my brother in law available to do the acupuncture treatments.