View Single Post

Old 11-13-2020, 10:37 AM
Unhappy I feel as though I'm being a "spoiler"

After SEVERE back and left leg pain in 2017, Dr. Kaplan performed back surgery in OCT of that year. I had a plate, screws and some kind of padding put between L3&4 and L4&5. I was simultaneously on prenisone for polymylasia rhematica until late 2019. By the end of 2019 my leg neuropathy had never gone away and my back kept getting more and more painful. I went through numerous depomedrol shots in my shoulders with Dr. Rajashakar (which work for a while). But the transforminal epidural shots in my back failed to provide any significant relief for more than a month or so. They can only be administered a few times per year. I'm not into pain pills or medical marijuana. I am now considering a spinal stimulator implant if I pass all of the preliminaries (psychiatrist and 5-day trial). Bottom line: be VERY CAREFUL to investigate all avenues because it could be a long drawn out affair if a hit-or-miss attempt is made. I now treat myself like a thin crystal glass because if I move the wrong way it triggers the pain all over again.

Last edited by LianneMigiano; 11-13-2020 at 10:45 AM.