View Single Post

Old 11-20-2020, 08:10 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Has anyone done an in-depth analysis of UHC vs. FL blue for The Villages Health Advantage Plans?
I'm curious why you chose one over the other.
NOTE: I don't want to hear why traditional Medicare is better than an Advantage Plan. I'm going to get a Villages Advantage Plan. I LOVE my Villages PCP. So I ONLY want to hear from people who chose either FL Blue or UHC, and chose that plan because they want to be part of The Villages Healthcare.
I have UHC but not UHC-Villages ? I honestly don't know the difference but would appreciated someone explaining the difference. My UHC is provided by the state university system in the state where I taught at several state universities. I never attempted to change it when we moved here. You mentioned being please with your G.P. here, your doctor. That has been a problem for us. Never have been nearly accosted by so many aggressive doctors any place we've lived ! I've gone to some with a sore throat, and once a swollen knee, and the tests order were mammography, Colonoscopy, and a who list of others. My former doctor always insisted was in no way indicated due to my family history on both sides of the family, and my life style, he said it was expensive, not risk free, and uncalled for unless there was some indication or complaint other than a sore throat. I am really worried about the kind of "one size" fits all no matter what your symptoms or complaint. Curious is anyone can recommend doctors that take time to find out what kinds of things do, or don't, run in your family, who know there is a whole RANGE of tests for colon cancer (along with a whole range of PRICES), and that colonoscopy if at the top of the price range, followed by sigmoidoscopy, and on down the line as indicated). I was surprised and very worried as to what would indicate that I immediately needed to be moved to the top of the more invasive and expensive, and actually the one with the greatest possibility of side effects, with no associated symptoms or complaints at all ? Anyone found a more skilled or knowledgeable physician here ? Never experienced anything anywhere near this ? Do people here generally go to a nearby town to go to the doctor ? Or, are there "ordinary" (LOL. what a term) regular, "family" doctors here that don't order an MRI if you twist an ankle, along with a colonoscopy, urinalysis, blood panel, and a mammography ?