View Single Post

Old 11-21-2020, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
Thanks, admin. Even doing "as they say", I always assume someone is likely to hit me, so I watch every vehicle/person/bike/cart/whatever that is anywhere near me.
You always have to be aware of other cars everywhere, but especially in a round about. An accident can occur even when both drivers are obeying the rule albeit on of them is being stupid.

Let's say you are entering in the left hand lane and intending to go straight through or to the second exit depending on how you wan to look at it. As you pass the first exit, a car enters in the right hand lane and intends to go straight through or to his second exit. As you exit the round about it's possible, if the other driver is not paying attention that he can collide with the side of your car.

I have to take the third exit at a specific round about, about twice a week. It seems that there is always someone entering at my second exit in the right hand lane. I am always looking at my mirror and have my right directional on well before the exit.

Like I said, you can both be following the rules but a collision can happen if you're not paying attention.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.