View Single Post

Old 11-21-2020, 01:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
i beg of you cyclists:PLEASE get off the roads. in 1987 i was on my bicycle coming home from work. i was hit head on by a speeder, thrown 30ft & landed with my face on the curb. my whole face was smashed in. i was airlifted & spent 5 days on a respirator in a Hartford trauma unit. yes, i had a GREAT lawyer who won me lots of $$, but what good did that do? i've had 2 spinal fusions, massive facial reconstruction & replace all the teeth that were knocked out.
is your right to drive in the road really worth that much to you? i learned i am no match for a 2ton vehicle, the injuries i sustained are still being treated 2day. i cannot walk more than 100yards without pain. i can't sit or sleep in certain positions. cannot lift even a gallon of milk without having trigger injections to combat the spasms. the last thing i want to do is sound like i'm preaching, but pls., think about it 1st.
Wow. My sympathy and admiration to you. And as far as I’m concerned...preach on!!

I avoid the roads because I feel like my safety would be in the hands of the driver of every vehicle that would pass me. I want my safety in my hands to the greatest degree possible, and I feel like it’s much more that way when I stay on the MMP and ride with a basic set of rules to avoid conflicts with golf carts.