View Single Post

Old 11-21-2020, 02:06 PM

Have you noticed that it is taking longer for your clothes to dry than it used to, or that they used to get dry at one setting, but now they don’t? Probably not.

If you have a metal vent pipe with a clear run, if you clean your link trap faithfully, and if your dryer is working normally, you really don’t need your dryer vent pipe cleaned, especially if you don’t use the hot setting on your dryer (I never do—it’s hard on the clothes). How is it going to catch on fire if the maximum air temperature is nowhere near the temperature needed for combustion? Companies are happy to clean the pipe for you, but you are wasting your money. Dryer lint traps these days tend to be very effective.

As others have mentioned, this is completely false. I managed a chain of laundromats for 32 years. Lint/dust will always get by the lint screens and accumulate in the vent pipes...it will eventually become a problem. I've seen static electricity cause lint to catch fire, and spread quickly as if it were gasoline. Dryer vents must be cleaned regularly.