View Single Post

Old 11-21-2020, 04:07 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Bunker raking...

So I played with three great ladies today at Okeechobee. Beautiful day to play. One of the ladies hit it in the bunker on no.9. She didn't even attempt to rake it. Now when I'm playing and someone in the group goes into a bunker and doesn't rake I go in after them and rake where they've been. I don't say a word...I just do the right thing. The woman thanked me and I said, "no problem, my pleasure."

She said she thought it was optional...I said no....it's what you're supposed to do since they put the rakes back in the bunkers. Another of the ladies said she never rakes bunkers and I responded that if it were me playing with her I'd do it for her with no comment at all.

So it turns out that many villagers just don't rake bunkers for a variety of reasons. Listen folks....if you play golf put sand in your divots, repair pitch marks on the green and rake your bunkers(bring the rake with you to you ball and rake your way back out...no...dragging the rake behind you is not raking the bunker!). If you can't do these simple tasks then perhaps shuffle board is more your speed.