View Single Post

Old 11-23-2020, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
I suspect that with all the new areas within The Villages that are being developed, most of the newer villagers are in their early 60's. So I'm sure that The Villages has changed the format of WVLG to be closer aligned with that age group. And their concept of a "golden oldie" is something that was recorded in the 1980's. I know when we first started visiting The Villages in 2001, WVLG was playing songs from the 40's and 50's. Then after several years, they started playing songs from the 60's and those were "our Golden Oldies". So, I guess, time marches on. And someday in the future, WVLG will be playing the "golden oldie RAP" format for the new "millennial" villagers that will be moving here.
We are in our early 60's and bought in the Villages in our mid 50's. Six years ago we loved the music WVLG played and now we can't stand it. The change in music selection has been dramatic. Our current age is very much in their target market for new homebuyers, but the music they play is not what anyone I know that is our age prefers listening to?

On another note, according to the WVLG D.J.'s, is there ever a day that is NOT a great day to tour an open house?