View Single Post

Old 11-24-2020, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I don't think it's the timing that's the problem. I think it's the methodology that's the problem.

Anyone "at risk" should still wear a mask whenever they congregate in close proximity to each other outside, or any time they're in a building open to the public (except while they're eating of course).

There still should be social distancing, or at the absolute least - anyone who appears to be trying to social distance, should be given the courtesy of being allowed to do so. If someone keeps backing away from you, or skirting to the side when you're behind them in line, acknowledge that they want to keep their distance from you, and honor it.

It doesn't even need to be 6 feet. But I was in line today to return something and the woman behind me was less than 2 feet away and NOT wearing a mask. I kept trying to step a little to one side, and she came in right behind me again. I tried inching a step closer to the person in front of me, and she was right there behind me, inching just as close. There was no one behind her, so no reason she should've felt the need to crowd me.

It's as though people have forgotten to simply respect each others' space - something we used to do naturally, before COVID-19 existed.
Why didn't you just ask her to step back? I certainly would have. In fact, I have asked people to give me space as they encroach close to me. I always use the word "please". No harm in that.

Last edited by coffeebean; 11-24-2020 at 08:27 AM.