View Single Post

Old 11-24-2020, 11:50 AM
Default Try WQBQ-AM 1410 on the AM Dial. Ask Alexa to "Tune in WQBQ" or go to WQBQ1410.com

Try WQBQ-AM 1410 on the AM Dial. Ask Alexa to "Tune in WQBQ" or go to WQBQ1410.com on the internet. mostly local talk in the morning and good recognizable music all afternoon. Nice local radio station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I used to very much look forward to listening to WVLG, probable 8 of 10 songs they used to play were songs I very much enjoyed and rarely heard on other radio stations. Fast forward to currently and at best only 1 or 2 out of 10 songs are any good?

Earlier this morning I was sitting in our house up north looking outside at below zero temperatures, with frozen rain blowing sideways, and decided to get a small Villages fix (boy do I wish we were there) so I streamed WVLG. I stuck with the station for an hour despite not hearing one song I would even consider music. If hard pressed, the only semi-good thing I can say about their selection is that at least they did not play any RAP. Finally, I could not take the garbage they were playing anymore and had to turn it off. Apparently, whoever does the programing doesn't care about the stations ratings?

Can anyone recommend a decent radio station that comes in north of 466 that plays golden oldies and classic rock like WVLG used to? Please don't tell me to listen to Pandora or Spotify, I like listening to the radio.