View Single Post

Old 11-24-2020, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,084 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
FYI. With my companies, all health insurance was out of Iowa and our employees were residents of other states including: Georgia, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Texas, North Carolina & Illinois. We are Florida residents and have health insurance from out of state.

Good point, if you get your insurance through a company/employer it’s not an issue. However, if you are retired but not yet old enough for Medicare, you have to buy your Obamacare health insurance through the state exchange that is the state of your primary residence. Unfortunately, that is our scenario. Even if we do all the usual things like spend over half our time at our Florida home, change our voter registration, drivers licenses, bank accounts, mailing address, etc...., none of it matters as long as we still buy our insurance through the Massachusetts Health Connector (the Obamacare state exchange). I am in no hurry to get any older, but one silver lining to reaching 65 will be that we can become Florida residents and still have access to our doctors in Massachusetts. We can’t wait to get the Florida homestead exemption and not pay any state income taxes!

Last edited by tophcfa; 11-24-2020 at 05:43 PM.