View Single Post

Old 11-26-2020, 01:51 PM
Default There are many more providers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladila2 View Post
As stated as a response, John mentioned Comcast as the worst internet provider in The Villages.....that brings up a problem! Seems like The Villages has somewhat of a monopoly regarding this situation. If you were here several years ago you may remember how Comcast got their foot in the door with The Villages, offering "free" subscriptions for tee times and related internet associated connections.....maybe this is why they can do what they wish and buyer beware!
Where else can I go?? PS, th above mentioned "provider" has only ONE storefront for the entire Villages....over 125,000 people.......
When we arrived in 2016 there were several, and several had offices on 441/27 in a strip mall behind McDonalds (I think the mall is not owned by the Developer). We used Centurylink which still exists, it merged with Directv for TV content, but I don't think that requires a dish, rather delivered Diretv content over wire. They had an office near Micheals in the strip mall where Target is located off 441/27. Then Comcast which you seem to have found. Then we switched to Directv with a dish for a short period, and that works fine. Then there was Time-Warner which is now Spectrum. You can go to all of their web sites to see if they have coverage in your exact location (and where their stores might be located). But there is not a monopoly, in fact, compared to other cities, we have several choices which is nice.

You can do the investigation and ordering online or via phone. No need for a store.