Thread: Dealer Prep
View Single Post

Old 11-30-2020, 09:46 PM

Of all the things I've encountered after moving to Florida several years ago, buying a vehicle is the most aggravating. At Bill Bryan Kia in Leesburg, they had a bumper (additional) sticker for $4,999 for the window tint, pinstripe package. I don't know how one begins a serious business transaction in the face of such BS. Jenkins Automotive Group seems to now own many of the dealerships, repair shops and body shops in the area. I encountered very high pressure sales tactics in two of their stores. I am a previous customer of Phillips' dealerships and I have nothing good to say about them to the extent I think Crimes against Seniors should take a look at their treatment of older buyers. So what to do? I like the suggestion of an out-the-door price and I'll take it or I'll leave. It not a problem with understanding how car dealerships work, but more to the point I don't have the patience for all games they play to try to take your money at every turn. All the money on the table is mine and they want more of it than their product and services entitle them to.