View Single Post

Old 12-01-2020, 09:57 PM
Veteran member

Are you still looking at ALs in the Tampa area? I'm unaware of consultants that would help with something like this. That doesn't mean that they don't exist, I'm just personally not aware of any.

I think you need to try to find a place that is open and taking new patients. Maybe list the areas that your MIL needs help with and any medical insurance or longterm care insurance that she might have. Write down questions you might have. Ex: does the AL provide transportation to/from doctors appts, would she have a private or semi private room, ratio of staff to patient, how are meals handled and any other questions that you might have. I'm sure there are a bunch more that I am not thinking of.

Sometimes the ALs give virtual tours if you can not actually visit the facilities yourself. I wish you luck, I know that this is stressful. Even if your MIL isn't moving to an AL in TV, it might still be helpful for you to schedule a tour of one or two locally just to get a feel for what you are looking for.