View Single Post

Old 12-06-2020, 11:35 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
To me, when I first got here I believed that everything (100%) of TV Land was wonderful. Then, after about 5 years that "wonderful" had dropped to about 90%. I found many small issues that annoyed me. That is still better than most places that I have previously lived.

As to the quote about knocking the media for portraying (falsely) that the nation's ICUs were being overrun by CV patients. I do NOT see that as a FALSE claim. I wish it was. Maybe not YET here in TV Land, but the REALITY is that around the country - the ICUs ARE overcrowded with CV patients. For example, Rhode Island hospitals are so full that they have put up tent-type FIELD hospitals as a necessity to handle their overflow. And, much worse, they are having staffing problems for these additional beds! Do a Google check to prove me correct.
The highest percentage ICU use in Rhode Island is in Kent County at 67% capacity. The other counties are under 50%. The typical operating capacity of ICU’s pre Covid was 70-75%. Kent County has a total of 15 ICU beds, 10 are occupied, as of 12/7. There has been a surge of cases in Kent County, the fear is that they may fill those available 5 beds and run out of capacity.
A perfect example of finding the worst possible case and making it seem like it is the norm, not the exception...

Last edited by Swoop; 12-07-2020 at 08:30 AM.