View Single Post

Old 12-07-2020, 05:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
I will definitely watch it but it sounds like it really isn't about "life in The Villages" but rather three stories of unhappy people who could live anywhere.

The first story is the guy living in his van. He isn't even a resident, just some bum looking for a free ride. Second is a married couple where the husband is ... acting odd ... as he gets older. Maybe cognitive/dementia issues? Could (and does) happen any and everywhere. And the third is a woman who moved here with her hubs to live happily ever after, he dies unexpectedly and she is left in less than optimal financial shape. Again, a universal story that, sadly, happens all too often all around the world.

That said, the cinematography looks lovely (based on the trailer). It will be fun to do a movie night with Sissy and BIL to watch.

kathy
I agree. It looks like the film is based on three universal characters that could be living in any retirement community. They just happen to be in The Villages. I don't see that as "having an agenda". I see it as exploring nuances and realities of retirement life in general. Not having seen the movie, perhaps it needs editing to add "happy people" to balance things out, because surely there are lots of those here too.

Last edited by Love2Swim; 12-07-2020 at 05:13 AM.