View Single Post

Old 12-07-2020, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
I agree with first responders and medical personnel being first to get the vaccine.
The indication is now for the elderly to be second in line. I firmly disagree.
If you are retired, you have the ability to stay in quarantine. Give the vaccine to those out in the public so they can work and continue to feed their families, pay the bills etc.. They also will help stop the spread when they become immune.
I’m in the elderly group and have a medical condition that makes me in the high death risk group. That said, we have millions of workers in need of the vaccine to save their homes and families.
We older retirees should be last..... Before you ask, YES, I will be happy to give my place in the vaccination line to a working person.
When should is used in a sentence it is a sign of a personal value system.

It is a very laudable thing to do, and I applaud the reasoning.

I don't know how it will work out, but I plan to take the offer when the invitation is extended to me. They chose the elderly because a higher percentage get very sick and die. I don't know if you are "elderly", the name rankles me. lol. but I know that taking the shot takes you off the possibility list of getting and giving that ornery virus. I also know that you probably have descendants who care deeply after your safety, and probably want to come and see you and hug you and hold your hands and bring you surprises.

I think most people are trying to do the right thing. I believe that a very small percentage of humans are selfish. I give the honor for the elderly's collective good character to the mothers who raised us and the fathers who applied logic and explanations and love and a lot of serious talking to's. I think my parents would want me to get the shot when it is offered. I know our grandchildren and children want us to take it and will be so relieved when we are immunized.

As I said. Mandates and value systems are useless to change another. I am counting on everyone being responsible and knocking this ******* virus to dead as a doornail.

Get the vaccine. As soon as you can.

Please.