Thread: Hot water
View Single Post

Old 02-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Platinum member

That's right. Let's get back to the water.
There are five pages here so far and most have the same problem with long delays in hot water delivery. I have that problem too, and I'm convinced a tankless water system is not the solution.

I installed a Takagi TK-3 tankless water heating system in my four bedroom rambling house up north about a year ago. I have experienced significant savings on my gas bills, but I use more water because the tankless system cannot deliver hot water as quickly as our tank did formerly. I'm not thrilled with that, but I accept it because water is far cheaper up north.

But here in TV I would have serious concern about the additional waste of water if I installed a tankless system. For snowbirds and those away from home a lot, tankless systems would provide more savings, but I would be concerned that the water losses for full-time residents would be greater than the gas savings.

I like to know more about circulating systems, but until I do I think the water waste problem here is serious, and as much as tankless hot water systems are great, they make the water usage problem worse.