View Single Post

Old 12-18-2020, 01:20 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge538 View Post
Many of us use our personal golf carts while playing the Villages golf courses. It is often the case that we are instructed / compelled by the 'Ambassadors' to allow a guest to share our cart. I have previously inquired with the Villages as to any liability in case someone then riding in the cart suffered an injury. The Village's attorneys 'refused' to respond. "Drive carefully."
Are we shocked ? ? LOL..... that The Villages would NOT respond..... LOL ! Sounds like when I (female, husband was not present) was ORDERED by an "ambassador" (do NOT say "marshal") to allow a male smoking a cigar to share MY cart. I refused, the "ambassador" insisted "if you want to play at your reserved time", I declined and went home. Then decided to go to the golf office where I inquired about this "policy" of sharing a personal cart. I was told they would "speak" to the ambassador I named. That was it, no explanation. I do not think they would in any way be concerned if someone was injured in YOUR cart, not at all. I wonder with the Covid raging, if they continue to order people into your private cart rather you are comfortable with that or not ? I now just say, "no, I'll just leave", it's better than the way some of them argue.... next day make a reservation and you may get a different result. I was told under NO circumstances can there EVER be 4 carts in a group..... on other courses right here, I see it ALL THE TIME. Left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing, they make it up on the fly. Like all businesses, some really logical, rational, very gracious and friendly "ambassadors" and others are there only to feel "important" and in charge. Life's too short to argue with these people is my attitude.