Thread: Xfinity Mobile?
View Single Post

Old 12-18-2020, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,182 Times in 2,793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I agree about the Xfinity Mobile service. But, I am curious if you have any evidence that the Xfinity service is any different from a direct Verizon service. I know that Verizon salespeople will tell you that, but is it written down anywhere? I am skeptical that it may be a Verizon sales gimmick.
I researched it in great detail before switching from Verizon since I was very reluctant to give up Verizon’s extensive and reliable network. Xfinity definitely uses the same network, and all reviews I read confirmed as much, except that actual Verizon customers get priority access to the network in the event the network gets bogged down by excessive traffic. When I went to the Xfinity store to change over my service, the Xfinity technician confirmed this. Since switching over, I have never noticed having my service throttled down, but I also never allow myself to be put in a high population density situation where that would be necessary, so I can’t speak from experience how inconvenient that might be?