View Single Post

Old 12-19-2020, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Are we shocked ? ? LOL..... that The Villages would NOT respond..... LOL ! Sounds like when I (female, husband was not present) was ORDERED by an "ambassador" (do NOT say "marshal") to allow a male smoking a cigar to share MY cart. I refused, the "ambassador" insisted "if you want to play at your reserved time", I declined and went home. Then decided to go to the golf office where I inquired about this "policy" of sharing a personal cart. I was told they would "speak" to the ambassador I named. That was it, no explanation. I do not think they would in any way be concerned if someone was injured in YOUR cart, not at all. I wonder with the Covid raging, if they continue to order people into your private cart rather you are comfortable with that or not ? I now just say, "no, I'll just leave", it's better than the way some of them argue.... next day make a reservation and you may get a different result. I was told under NO circumstances can there EVER be 4 carts in a group..... on other courses right here, I see it ALL THE TIME. Left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing, they make it up on the fly. Like all businesses, some really logical, rational, very gracious and friendly "ambassadors" and others are there only to feel "important" and in charge. Life's too short to argue with these people is my attitude.
Usually. USUALLY. When there is no pandemic, the courses expect two in a cart. (To save wear and tear on the grass) If you are a long time golfer and a frequent golfer this makes sense. This place, The Villages, is run better than any other place I have ever lived. I think that the Ambassadors who are not called Marshalls, nor do they act like the ones most of us used to know, rarely point out infractions, The Ambassadors are following what seems to be the Morse's practice of trying NOT to boss people around. In all the years I had played golf here, I had NEVER met one who "tried to act "important and boss people around".