View Single Post

Old 12-29-2020, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
So a mask will stop the droplets either outbound or inbound - FACT.

What happens to that droplet? It immediately is absorbed and breaks down into its component parts releasing to COVID contained within so the very next breath either in or out can, and probably will, spread the virus. The mask may somewhat limit the range the virus travels outbound but if it is on your mask and you inhale it will likely enter your lungs.

I am not trying to cause paranoia simply make people aware that social distancing is probably more important than wearing a mask.
Do we know how much of the virus is attached to droplets? Maybe half, maybe 70% maybe 10%. I have worn a mask for 37 years, it does not make me an expert, but I can tell you at times I had to place some tape over the mask at the bridge of my nose to prevent my glasses from fogging up when I would breath. So if some of the virus does attached to droplets then how much is just exhaled around the top of the mask, both sides of the mask, or bottom of the mask. Maybe some of the virus is trapped in the mask as you said, a very good thing, but everyone fiddles with the mask and reuses the mask. Watch anyone at Lowes, as they walk in, out comes the mask from their pocket or purse. When they walk out usually off comes the mask, back into the pocket or purse or the console of the car, to be reused. Has anyone given any thought that just maybe masks are helping to spread this virus? The answer is yes, some researchers have looked at that, and suggest maybe the masks are spreading the virus. Sorry I do not have it at hand. Look it up yourself. One last question that was proposed to me, if masks work then why are there not proper places to dispose of a used masks?