View Single Post

Old 01-09-2021, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
It seems to be legal in most golf course communities for a golfer to retrieve a wayward golf shot

Golf Ball Hazards In Florida: Legal Overview - FindLaw

Per your attachment "Under Florida property and real estate laws, golf course communities almost always have a section in their deed restrictions, easements, and covenants that allow golfers to retrieve their errant balls on residents’ properties. "

I have read my property deed stem to stern and did not see any clause about golf balls. I don't care if a golfer comes on my property to retrieve a golf ball but you always have someone that goes beyond common sense. I have had golfers hack away in my landscaping searching for a ball. Then there are those that pretend they are not OB and hit from your yard. I'm not fond of the divot after all that TLC I put into the most expensive stuff they call grass down here. I am lucky since my house sits on the left side of a fairway on a very long par 4. Most golfers slice thus right side houses get the brunt plus many golfers take three strokes to reach the green on my hole thus the last shot is a short chip and usually at the green not my house. I have had one broken window and the golfer manned up and came over and offered to pay. I told him that was not necessary or required but was impressed by his ethics.