View Single Post

Old 01-10-2021, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
I tried signing up last week and had the same result. So, my husband and I tried this week on two computers, one for Monday, and one for Wednesday. I was again unsuccessful for Monday but my husband was able to secure two tickets for Wednesday.

You know what would make this app better? Is if they offered a “waiting list”. That way, the next time vaccines were offered, their system would automatically pull up the next xxx number of people on the waiting list and notify them.

I think they’re trying to use software that was not designed for this purpose. It’s certainly better than waiting overnight in a long line of cars, but not perfect, either.
I don't think an online waiting list would work. You would have thousands of people on the list for a few hundred shots. Many of them would get the vaccine somewhere else and would not remove their name from the list. So, they would spend a lot of time trying to notify people who don't even want the vaccine. The only answer is to provide more of the vaccine.