View Single Post

Old 01-10-2021, 12:56 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
It's not a defense, it was a marketing ploy for the Governor and it made absolutely no difference. They may have brought the vaccine from another county, we don't know anything except what the media decided to feed us. I don't believe that giving us the vaccine before any other person 65+ is justified. Our goal is to go see our grandkids, get to the squares and put our life back to enjoying what we did before. Other countries also have objectives plus significantly higher unemployment so getting those seniors money back in circulation is critical.....different agendas for different places. And one last thing, IF you live here, the Developer and his "cronies" are responsible for your lifestyle and what you enjoy here. IF you live here, I wonder where you would be if the Developer and his "cronies" didn't provide you this place to enjoy. Worried about 5 shots? Start worrying about the millions that are needed in Florida. Sumter population is about 130,000 (the entire county not TV), Orange County is about 1.4 million and is still the 5th most populous behind Miami/Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Hillsboroug....we are 34th and suspect that may factor into our priority level. This is going to be a long haul and we are not any more a priority then anyone else. Every other person, 65+ is on the same playing field as we are, and they are just as anxious as we are, every health care worker, every frontline care giver, every person in an assisted living center are as anxious as we are. If 5 shots or so have you writing letters to the Gov, getting a petition, degrading people that are doing what they can to help then your road might be a longer road. EOR!
My letter addressed health department incompetence in distributing the available vaccine, which incompetence (or malfeasance) includes inoculating the Developer's cronies ahead of more-deserving residents.