View Single Post

Old 01-10-2021, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
I found it extremely frustrating to try to use Eventbrite to schedule an appointment for a Covid Vaccination.
I tried to sign up for an appointment and did it exactly at 8 am today when it opened for the Wildwood location. It had me in a waiting mode for "tickets". Then it said the following:

Sumter County Health Department COVID-19 Vaccination January 11 2021
Mon, Jan 11, 2021 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST
It's your turn!
Please place your order quickly, this event may sell out soon.
9:00AM-10:00AM
Free
10:00AM-11:00AM
Free
11:00AM-12:00PM
Free
It did not show HOW to get the "tickets" to the "event". Then in 5 minutes, it said sold out. I know the method to sign up in Arizona is much easier because my sister and brother in law live there and have gotten their corona vaccines.
Why is this cumbersome and unusual Eventbrite "ticket" and "event" system which is not well designed for signing up for appointments used? Why can't we at least have a sign up sheet to be put on a waiting list to eventually GET an appointment?
My frustration level is OFF THE CHARTS. I don't drink and I had a gin and OJ this morning and I'm still angry about this.
You want a sign up sheet for millions of people.....even if they could limit to Sumter (which I don't think they can), that's a sign up sheet for 130K. Eventbrite was chosen because that's what they do, like ticketmaster, they have the resources to handle the volume and all you are doing is getting a ticket for the shot (event). Ever try and get a ticket for a Billy Joel concert......same thing. "x" number of seats, when they are sold out there are no more seats. And the good news, we aren't charged a fee for handling the transaction, somebody is but for now, it's not us.

You did click on "Details" I assume which took you to the page where you could click on which hour you wanted.. If you didn't do that you never were on the right page. If you clicked on details it took you to the page and gave a countdown until each hour on each day opened up. Then you joined the battle of the 10's of thousands that clicked at the same time you did.

This is going to take a long time, and if this gets you frustrated you are in for a very stressful few months.

Berks County Pennsylvania