View Single Post

Old 01-12-2021, 03:22 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default While it's a very nice thought....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I would tend to doubt it. They've built 13 championship golf courses and only three have practice facilities. In addition there is the free standing range at Sarasota. The practice facilities are not very good by today's standards. I'd love to see more short game and bunker practice facilities. They've recently taken out a practice bunker at Glenview and the ones at Palmer and Lopez are a joke.

They evidently believe that The Villages golfers are not interested in practicing.

The American Legion / Lion's Club Range on Rolling Acres is as good as any in The Villages except that there is no grass.

I'd love to see someone build a state of the art facility.

Something like this would be nice.The Villages Florida

or even this.
The Villages Florida
the fact that they don't get enough use of the 18/27 hole courses should be an idea that the cost of maintaining that type of facility would a bottomless money pit.

They don't even overseed anymore and the condition of greens/fairways/tees and aprons is horrendous in the winter.

Just played Mira Mesa...abysmal! Little to zero fairway grass and the greens are pathetic. Won't be playing there for a loooong while.